June 11th, 2020
Oatabix with blueberries
Posted in: make
INGREDIENTS (to make about 20 slices)
180 jumbo oats
130g blueberries (frozen or fresh)
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
1 grated apple
1 mashed banana
2 medium eggs, whisked
1-2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Make the oatabix and keep then in an airtight container to use as and when you need them:
Preheat your oven to 180 degree fan.
Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Ca. 30cm x 20cm
Start by whisking your eggs and then simply add all the other ingredients.
Transfer to your baking dish and pop into the oven.
Leave to cool and cut into chunks.
Serve a few chunks of the oatabix with a choice of your milk!
- I love mixing my oats and use jumbo oats and porridge oats to do so, it just gives it the perfect texture. But any oats work well.
- The mashed banana and grated apple act as our sweetener. If the banana isn’t ripe enough, you might want to add a bit of maple syrup of honey.
- Leave out the coconut if you’re not a fan.
- You could try adding raisins if you wish or chopped nuts are a great addition too.
- I often add a sprinkle of flaxseeds to my mixture to boost our Omega 3 intake.