March 8th, 2021
How To Get A Good Night’s Sleep
Posted in: read
Sleep is essential for good health, but some nights it feels impossible, staring at the ceiling, going over to do lists and tossing & turning. Many people have trouble sleeping and breaking the cycle is hard, so, if you are finding it tricky to drop off follow these simple steps to a good night’s rest.
- Curb your caffeine intake. And take a Magnesium supplement instead, Magnesium has wide reaching benefits and actively relaxes your brain and body which is essential for sleep – if on any medication always consult your doctor
- Read a book. Immersing yourself in a good book, can take your mind off your current situation. One study found that just six minutes of reading reduced stress by up to 68%. Ideal a deep slumber.
- If books aren’t for you, try the Calm APP. Designed to help with sleep, focus and gratitude – it has a library of mindful sessions from mediation to sleep stories that are guaranteed to make your happier, healthier and get a better nights rest. www.calm.com
- Massage your scalp every night. Boost blood and circulation to the follicles by gently massaging and moving your scalp with the pads of your finger or for a more in-depth massage, use your Manta healthy hairbrush. It will increase hair health and shine- it’s also is incredibly relaxing, which will aid sleep. Link the Manta hair shop page
- Conscious skincare ritual – Taking time to create a night time skincare ritual, will calm your nervous system, boost well-being and help you sleep better at night naturally, while supercharging your skin overnight.
- Use scent to lull you to sleep – certain scents are proven to help you relax and aid sleep. Your smell is directly linked to the emotional centre of your brain so try rooms sprays with notes of lavender, cedarwood, geranium, ylang-ylang, bergamot, sandalwood, and frankincense to help you get some shut-eye. This is ideal if you travel a lot and find it hard to sleep in hotel rooms. We love – REN Clean Skincare & Now to Sleep £19 – https://www.renskincare.com/products/now-to-sleep – Neom Perfect Night’s Sleep Pillow Mist £20 – https://www.neomorganics.com/products/perfect-nights-sleep-pillow-mist
- Leave your phone downstairs. Try to leave all technology at the door and remember to take a break from social media, excess scrolling time can lead to feeling stressed and anxious. Enjoy time with your family and prioritise yourself and your sleep instead.
- Bedtime Yoga – Even 5 to 10 mins will help you release all the stress and anxiety you’ve been holding through the day. Plus incorporating a relaxing yoga practise will also help improve the quality and duration of your sleep – it’s a win, win. Try Yoga With Adrienne on Prime or You Tube- the sessions are completely free and there is something for everyone. .
- Try a bedtime tea- Most include chamomile and lavender which are known to sooth and calm. Even the ritual of drinking tea can be relaxing, it’s a great way to decompress after a busy day and take a pause. We love – Pukka Night Time Tea – https://uk.pukkaherbs.com/products/organic-teas/night-time – Teapigs Snooze Tea – https://www.teapigs.co.uk/search?q=Snooze&type=product
- Fresh Clean Sheets – Even fresh laundry can be self-care so make sure you pop on your new sheets and slip into your favourite pyjamas to transport yourself into your best sleep.